Children’s One Mile Fun Run
Sunday, October 9, 2016
- Registration is free. The first 150 children to register will get a FREE t-shirt. Register by emailing the following information: child’s name & age, parent cell phone number. E-mail information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A parent/guardian must be present on race day to sign a waiver and check-in their runner(s) by 9:00am. Check-in is at the Warner Post Office parking lot.
- This race is recommended for children ages 5-14 although all ages are permitted. It is strongly encouraged that a parent chaperone/run with children under 5 years old. Strollers are permitted behind the end runners or along the side of the road.
- Children will not be able to leave the finish line area without being checked out by a parent at the end of the race. The finish line area is the Jim Mitchell Park at Mainstreet Bookends, where light refreshments will be provided and a free post-race dance party starts at 10:00am.
- All children/runners will wear a number on the front of their shirts while participating. However, the fun run will NOT be timed and prizes will NOT be awarded for top finishers.
- This event is scheduled as RAIN OR SHINE.
- NO dogs are allowed on the course.
- Parents are welcome to participate by running OR by cheering on the sidelines for the runners. Children will be supervised throughout the entire race by experienced adult runners and high-school athletes. There will be a police cruiser leading the race and another police cruiser behind the end runners.
- The course: The race will start at the Warner Post Office traveling west on Main Street. Right turn onto Roslyn Ave. Second right onto Kirtland Street. Right onto Kearsarge Mountain Road. Left back onto Main Street, to finish line at Mainstreet Bookends parking lot.